Monday, June 18, 2012

Back home in Minnesota (pre-road-trip/ townhome, sublet to renters) I have (had) a refrigerator magnet of beautiful abstraction art and script imprinted..."The great thing about solitude is the flow from the unconscious to the conscious." For the masses who find solitude a challenge, I suggest a trial run in the near future! Slowing down, observing, letting the spirit/Spirit ... of your soul/ of your God ..ooze its way to the surface. The process is at once both healing and directive in mapping your 'next move' in life. Possibilities sprout and grow in the fertile soil of imagination. Perhaps you need to be taking a class to broaden your horizons or read a book on something you need to gain knowledge about.. the quiet reprieve will give you strength for a new tomorrow. I have plenty of solitude these days and the 'self talk' as I roll away the miles is, at once, nurturing and nudging me... in old things to discard and new things to cultivate for my future. I have an admission to make ...When I have found myself belly-laughing out loud in my solo space, I feel a bit foolish, however, intoxicatingly alive! So just what have I belly-laughed at this past 6 days on the road?....**the bellering cows outside my RV door at 6 in the morning, **the 2 teenage boys zipping down the roadside on a HOT PINK tiny 4-wheeler and both flashing me a thumbs-up sign and huge grins!, **the 4th or 5th CRAZY WOMAN sign I've seen in 2 days- the latest sign: "Crazy Woman Carpets"!, **the one-bottom 'vintage' plow fastened to the top of a dog house with a sign that read "Pet Condo" on the front. So, you see, when you really observe what passes you by, there is plenty humor in this world. Leaving Wyoming beauty.. the Teton splendor, the pamper-me night at the Wyoming Inn, the profuse display of mountain flowers in every color, the lush expanses of (irrigated) green fields of wheat (I think) against the backdrop of drop-dead gorgeous mountainous mat-board and the cerulean sky, I motor on into Idaho. One more time, the landscape morphs into newly designed hills and vales with a splattering of planted fields of.... hmmmm, oh yah.. that would be Idaho 'SPUDS'!! Lots of potatos to be had here! I did, in fact, enjoy some smashed ones last night with my brussel sprouts and lamb chops at my quaint motel restaurant. Nuttin' bedder'n smashed spuds, I say!..'specially with a blue-cheese parmesan gravy smothering it! It IS OK to indulge on occasion, right? The 'subconscious-to-conscious' message bombarding my brain this mornings said, "Crazy Woman, take those sour lemons, add a bit of sweetner, ice and make the best lemonade ever created..to serve others!!" (and of course, drink a bit yourself!) Hoping all you bloggers are making your own lemonade these days! Into the Wind.... with nature girl...

1 comment: