Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Wind and rain howl outside my window. It is night's mid portion and I awaken to the ruckus. At this moment I picture myself not inside my comfy townhome, but in my Pleasureway 'mobile digs'. Whoa... how will that feel? There are, to be sure, many faces to the opening of the heavens, the descent of water to earth.. a good ol' rainstorm. The wonderful kind of nourishing rain called a 'rain shower', a rather comforting event... a reminder that growth of the botanical world is dependent upon such. When bright sunshine and a big rainbow grace the sky at rain's end, my soul sings with gratefulness. All things green in this world (the things with leaves..plants, to be sure) are such a metaphor for the circles in life that humankind experience. As I seek to find my sacred place, my pilgrimage has purpose for me. To observe, to listen, to learn how the natural world speaks to my soul, a vehicle God has used many times to 'raise me higher' in my day to day living. A pilgrim is a wanderer with a purpose. The aforementioned is mine. You will hear much from me about the message of (natural) matter. Come rain, come shine, come storms or gentle showers, the days will be filled with good, but sometimes challenging lessons in life. I wonder how much the wipers will be used in the first leg of my journey to California? I expect I'll take what comes and find joy in the moment... the best way to live life! I am told this (the wondering) is part of the the preparation, .... the image of possible scenarios traverse my brain cells!! Intellect says, 'be smart', prepare for everything. Faith says, .....trust. We do not walk alone. The Art of Pilgrimage, A Seeker's Guide to Making Travel Sacred; my prepatory "read" is my inspiration as I contemplate my future on the road. I am eager for the adventure.... what will that first day on the road bring? Mid June, I should know! TODAY'S WORD: WONDERMENT Into the Wind, Nature Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment